My colleagues from the 500 Global, very intelligent professionals, prepared and with a lot of responsibility, told me “The company has to stay in shape. If there are too many people, I agree with what they have done. Otherwise, these people cannot develop, frustration, useless work, coffee for everyone and other ills that I will not list are generated. In addition, the company is less prepared for the future if they are badly given“.
Where we come from:
1. In early 2020, American companies were told to pull the parking brake. Then months later they were told: “full throttle…” because everyone was much more on the internet and because of the financial stimuli.
2. Since the 4th quarter of 2022 they have been telling them again: “Put the brakes on” for what is coming. Now they are asking: “Are we really slowing down, or is it going to be like 2 years ago?”
Layoffs may be necessary to ensure the viability of the company (or shareholder remuneration). But the current situation is that technology companies lay off because the management has not been successful in these 3 years.
I give you 3 situations of companies that, in my opinion, are consistent in their dismissal policy:
- Businesses hit by COVID: Airbnb and Uber, are 2 companies that COVID hit very hard. Now they have record results. Airbnb laid off 1,900 people in April 2020 and I think everyone got it.
2. The big ones that don’t go crazy: Apple, has not grown artificially because the conditions were propitious. Still, no layoffs, and its CEO cuts the bonus by 40%.
3. The CEOs who bloated themselves artificially and now accept responsibility: Zoom cuts employees and their CEO reduces salary and bonus during 2023 by 98%. The CEO of Google, whom he criticized in his day, the bonus will also be cut although there are no details
The recent layoffs of vacation rental employees have been a difficult experience for many, from Vacasa (1300 employees), OYO (600 employees), Avanstay (144 employees), Sonder (250 employees), etc We are sure their contributions were valued and appreciated while you were there
If you are one of the affected employees, we hope you will find great new challenges soon – ones that allow them to use your talents in meaningful ways and further develop your skill sets over time.
Our thoughts are with each person who is going through this transition period as they look for new opportunities. We wish everyone impacted by these layoffs all the best as they move forward into a brighter future!
If you would like to join our team, send us your resume (email@example.com) and explain your interest.