Digital nomads are here to stay definitely, they are no longer a “secret cult”.
Especially after the pandemic situation, even there are top countries offering amazing views.
And other countries even give special visa conditions for these travelers such as Malta, Romania, Cayman Islands, and others.
That is why today we are sharing some of the needs digital nomads have when taking into consideration a rental property.
Only in the US, 40% of digital nomads are an average age of 32 years old.
And in the future, this age segment millennials will represent almost 40% of the global population.
Also how you can adapt your rental and why you should do this.
The main reason to understand digital nomads is most of them travel when they work.
And, of course in the future, they will be a very important piece of the pie in the market.
So you need to be ready since yesterday!
It might sound obvious but this is one of the major problems of the digital nomads when finding a property to rent.
You can make one of these tricks to enhance your internet and have this one covered.
- Change the location of your router, sometimes if this device is store away somewhere in the room something can interfere with the signal. Move it to a tall place without any disturbances such as tv, radios, etc.
- Check if there is anybody stuck to your network, remember you can have a guest user predefined for your guests and then check periodically for any intruders.
- If your house is too big or has different floors you can always add a wifi repeater to enhance the signal.
These are just a couple of things to get your rental ready for the digital nomads needs connections-wise.
If you have check social media the past year for sure you saw a bunch of pictures in which people renovated spaces to convert them into home offices.
Well if you do not have it on your property even if it’s a vacation rental, you should adopt one little space to it. Check out these examples.
- A desk and a chair are vital even if it is not big but the key here is to make a space even if it’s little but with comfort for concentration.
- Get a laptop stand! Your guests will love it as this is a must and a lot of people even if they are not digital nomads are still working remotely!
- Use dead spaces in your apartment it can be within the bedroom or maybe below a staircase there are a lot of creative ways to make this office desk amazing!
You can always go to Pinterest and get more inspiration on the matter 😉
Improve the experience
We have already discussed, how to prepare your vacation rentals after the pandemic situation.
Another important thing for these guests is maintaining their work-life balance there are actual studies that indicate they work more than older generations.
This might sound contradictory but the reality is if they work more than 40 hours per week their free time is sacred!
How can you help?
Add experiences to your package, so Airbnb has been the king on this lately.
Experiences are revolutionizing the way users are sharing with other people, so here are some you can add:
- Partner with local businesses to offer your users discounts and offer them a really nice experience with the locals. They would love it!
- Make a local guide itinerary! Help them understand how your city works and how they can enjoy it so much more!
- You can always add any extras to your service like rent a bicycle or ski equipment you can do it by creating a marketplace check it here.
An interesting fact is that the owner or rental manager can be the same owner of the experience so you can uplift your revenue a bit with this!
For this audience staying green all the time is a big fact!
So keep getting some recycling bins as most of these users want to keep their environmental practices while staying at any other property.
They appreciate products that are chemical-free/plant-based because they are better for the planet and also can be better for people who suffer from skin conditions and allergies.
Do you happen to have any plants? They make the rental way more “home-like” and they are incredible to boost up your decor on any room.
Another important thing is to add devices that are “energy efficient” LED bulbs, LED lamps, electrical power strips with on/off switches.
And last but not least take advantage of this to talk the guest through all of the efforts you make to be greener 💚
Guests or tenants would love it and even recommend your lodging to their friends so think about this when following all of the below steps.
We hope this was useful and you will be ready for your future digital nomads and millennials guests 😉
Doinn is the key to transforming your rental management operations.
Schedule, manage, and follow up your services all in one place.
Reduce the time and costs associated with managing properties while offering renters a seamless experience across their entire rental journey.