As technology continues to evolve in the short-term rental industry, it’s becoming increasingly difficult for people to keep up with the changes in the digital world.
Digital fatigue is a real phenomenon that affects Generation Z and Millennials in particular, who are constantly bombarded with new gadgets, apps, and services. This can lead to customer disengagement and a lack of motivation when it comes to using digital products.
More than 300 vetted cleaning and linen companies have become digital thanks to our operations center; a hub that gathers all their clients, jobs, cleaners, planning, and dispatching needs in a single platform where 94% of the processes are automated. Meaning you just need to do the remaining 6%, which you can easily do in 10 minutes per day.
Doinn´s UX/UI designers are taking digital fatigue into account when designing our features to ensure that users don’t get overwhelmed or frustrated. We believe it’s important for short-term rental software to create engaging experiences that are easy to use and understand in order for customers to stay engaged with their products.
By taking the time to understand the needs of every user: short-term rentals operations manager, short-term rental cleaning provider, short-term rentals laundry providers, and, of course, short-term rentals cleaners, and create intuitive designs that are tailored towards them, Doinn can ensure that digital fatigue does not become an issue.
Digital fatigue is a core issue that affects consumer experience, as it stops them from continuing their digital journey. This concept can be considered the antithesis of “digital fluency”.
Beat distractions to free your mind
Distractions like email, social media, and breaking news are everywhere. Adjusting your devices, apps, and notifications is key to good mental health and to be efficient. As it is important as well to adjust and improve the way you work, tailor your unique habits and routines, your unique brain and body, and your unique goals and priorities.
If you are involved with the operational part of the short-term rentals, you need to be agile in responding to the field team, but implementing time management systems as the Pomodoro method, could be very effective.
The Pomodoro technique 🍅
The idea behind the technique is that the timer instills a sense of urgency. Rather than feeling like you have endless time in the workday to get things done and then ultimately squandering those precious work hours on distractions, you know you only have 25 minutes to make as much progress on a task as possible.
The periodic forced breaks remind you to get up, move around, and take a few minutes to relax and clear your head. It allows you to reset mentally and come back to your work with a fresh perspective. With this technique, you haven’t spent hours in front of your computer without even realizing it. Instead, that ticking timer reminds you to get up and take a breather.
Educating the team not to expect an immediate answer to their questions and to respect your focus time, will also help them to have their own focus time. Just define which is your answering time ex. every hour between minute 15 and 25, and between minute 45 and minute number 55.
Using a message system like the one we have in our operations APP, will help you work asynchronously with your field team. If your colleagues love calling you, just set the sound off during your 15 minutes silent period.
As Short-term rental companies are still working understaffed, it has never been this important to have time management best practices.